Salmon tartar makes a spectacular appetizer for a weekend dinner with friends, especially this inventive version, which combines melon and crunchy cucumber. Your guests will also appreciate the creamy garnish made with Canadian Mascarpone and fresh dill. And it's so easy to prepare!
- Prep: 30 min
- Refrigeration: 15 min - 30 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tbsp (15-30 mL) fresh dill chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 oz (300 g) very fresh salmon *finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honeydew melon finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cucumber finely diced
- 2 green onions chopped
Whip Mascarpone and milk together. Add lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Chill.
Place salmon in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Gently mix together, and let rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Divide tartare into 4 ramekins, then invert onto plates. Top with Mascarpone and season to taste. Serve immediately with slices of bread.
*This recipe contains raw fish. Consumption of raw fish may be harmful to vulnerable people such as young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weakened immune systems.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cream cheese or Quark cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 74 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||127 %|
|Vitamin B6:||29 %|
|Vitamin D:||171 %|