This delicious Mexican-style sandwich recipe overflows with cheese. Monterey Jack cheese peppered with Jalapeno peppers has a mildly spicy taste that kids will love. As a snack or for a quick dinner, these sandwiches are sure to please!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red, green or yellow bell peppers diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced Canadian Jalapeño Havarti
Evenly distribute toppings on four tortillas. Top with remaining four.
Heat skillet over medium heat and cook tortilla sandwiches approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortillas are browned.
Serve with side dishes of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Learn more about