This delicious Mexican-style sandwich recipe overflows with cheese. Monterey Jack cheese peppered with Jalapeno peppers has a mildly spicy taste that kids will love. As a snack or for a quick dinner, these sandwiches are sure to please!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red, green or yellow bell peppers diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced Canadian Jalapeño Havarti
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Evenly distribute toppings on four tortillas. Top with remaining four.
Heat skillet over medium heat and cook tortilla sandwiches approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and tortillas are browned.
Serve with side dishes of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving