This is the Mexican Rice with Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chilli powder
- 19 oz (540 mL) can of red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) homemade salsa or store-bought
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) Canadian Cheddar grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large saucepan, sauté garlic, onion, green pepper and beef in melted butter.
Add spices and sauté for 2 minutes.
Stir in red kidney beans and rice and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the corn, salsa and water.
Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve in bowls and garnish with Canadian cheddar.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||35 % / 380 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||101 %|