Kids will love these and love to give you a hand to make them, so how about having at least one fish night a week' The whole crew will agree!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Refrigeration: 15 min - 20 min
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-fat Ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack
- Fish Cakes
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless fish fillets (such as haddock, sole or cod) fresh or thawed
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) shredded Canadian Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
In a small bowl combine Ranch dressing and Monterey Jack. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Finely chop pat-dried fish and place in a medium bowl. Add Monterey Jack, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, egg and green onion, mixing well. With damp hands, shape by heaping 1/3 cup (80 mL) into eight patties, each about 1/2 -inch (1 cm) thick.
In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook patties, turning once, for about 10 minutes, or until golden and fish is opaque.
Serve with Dipping sauce.
For a satisfying packed lunch, stuff these fish cakes in a whole wheat pita half lined with lettuce. Pack the dipping sauce in a separate container to drizzle when ready.
For a little oomph, try these with Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper Jack instead of the regular Monterey Jack!
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 135 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||48 %|