Mango, curry and cilantro give these hearty seafood sandwiches a delicious tropical tang. Melted Canadian Mozzarella and a crispy crust make them perfect brunch or light supper fare.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 4 min
- 1 1/3 cup (325 mL) crabmeat or Northern shrimp rinsed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mango diced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) tomato diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Mozzarella sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) romaine lettuce thinly sliced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a bowl, mix crabmeat with mango, tomato, cilantro, yogurt and curry. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to broil.
Place slices of bread on a baking sheet. Cover half the slices with cheese and broil in the oven.
Meanwhile, add lettuce to crab mixture and mix until well coated.
Make 4 sandwiches by putting some crab mixture on slices with melted cheese, cover with other grilled slices of bread and serve immediately.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Monterey Jack, Gouda, Cheddar.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 193 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||82 %|