This is the Muesli Crêpe Sandwich Filled with Fruit and Cream Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) muesli
- Butter for cooking
- 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Cream Cheese softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) fresh fruit or frozen fruit defrosted
In a bowl, beat eggs with maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir in milk then butter.
In a large bowl, combine flour and muesli. Make a well in centre and pour in egg mixture. Stir until smooth.
In a skillet over medium heat melt a little butter. Pour in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of batter at a time, to make 8 to 10 small crêpes. Spread batter, if necessary, using back of a spoon. Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until crêpes are golden.
Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat Cream Cheese with milk. Add honey and spices until well blended. Fold fruit into Cream Cheese mixture.
On each serving plate, place a crêpe, fill with Cream Cheese and fruit mixture, top with a second crêpe and garnish with a little more Cream Cheese and fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
You can prepare everything ahead, assembling at the last minute.
Crêpes can be frozen and warmed up before serving.
For a change of taste, try with Canadian Ricotta, Mascarpone, Brie, etc.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 153 mg|
|Vitamin C:||40 %|
|Vitamin B12:||38 %|