This is the Mushroom and Almond Cream Soup recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced almonds
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) beef broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn starch diluted in small amount of water
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) 35 % whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan, sauté onion, 1/2 cup (125 mL) mushrooms and almonds in butter for 5 minutes, or until almonds are golden. Stir in milk. Purée in food processor and return to saucepan.
Stir in beef broth. Add remaining mushrooms and stir in diluted corn starch. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to low heat. Stir in cream and season to taste with salt, pepper and thyme. Heat through for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring. Serve immediately.