By Stefano Faita
- Prep: 1 h 40
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- Dough for a 13 X 18-inch (33 x 46 cm) pizza
- 1 Packet (8 g) active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) lukewarm water
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) 00 grade flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semolina
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan
- 3 oz (100 g) Canadian Camembert or Brie sliced
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) asparagus blanched and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- Olive oil to taste
- Hot pepper oil to taste
Mix the yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl (mix well until everything has dissolved). In another bowl, mix the flour, semolina and salt. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Form a dough ball and knead for 5 to 7 minutes until it becomes smooth and no longer sticks to the board you are kneading it on. You may need to sprinkle flour on the board.
Once the dough has been kneaded, shape it into a ball and set aside for 30 to 40 minutes at room temperature in a bowl covered with a dishcloth. When this time has elapsed, the risen dough should have doubled in size.
Press down the dough with your fingers and flatten it to expel the air. Roll it into a ball again and let it rise again for another 30 to 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Roll the dough with a rolling pin and place onto a pizza tray. Spread a little olive oil onto the dough and sprinkle with chopped basil. Spread the 3 cheeses over the pizza along with the mushrooms, asparagus, and then drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
5 minutes before the pizza is done, cover with chopped parsley and finish baking. Serve hot.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 195 mg|