This is the Mushroom Cheddar puffs recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can (227 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Aged Cheddar grated, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) fresh rosemary chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 oz (200 g) store-bought puff pastry
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
In a skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and heat through.
Deglaze with white wine and reduce until pan is almost dry.
Pour cream into skillet and let simmer 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat; add half of cheese, the cranberries, rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Stir to melt cheese, let cool.
Meanwhile, roll out puff pastry to 1/8˝ (0.3 cm) thick to obtain a 10 x 12˝ (25 x 30 cm) rectangle.
Spread cooled mushroom filling on puff pastry and top with remaining Cheddar.
Bake on bottom rack for 25–30 minutes or until pastry has puffed up and is golden brown.
Cut into squares and serve hot or cold.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Gouda, Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 82 mg|