This is the Nut Bread with Camembert au Gratin & Grilled Fruit Brochettes recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 2 min - 5 min
- 1 small wheel (6 1/2 oz/200 g) Canadian Camembert cheese
- 4 slices nut bread
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) walnut oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Grilled fruit brochettes
- Figs quartered
- Bananas peeled and sliced into rounds
- Seedless green grapes
- Half-strawberries with stem and leaves
Cut Canadian Camembert wheel into 12 wedges. Place 3 wedges on each slice of nut bread. Drizzle with a few drops of walnut oil and sprinkle with a little thyme. Lightly season with pepper and set aside.
Thread fruit alternately on wooden skewers* and brush with nut oil. Quickly sear on every side on preheated BBQ grill. Place nut bread slices on BBQ grill, close cover and cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.
Serve right away with grilled fruit brochettes.
* It might be a good idea to soak the skewers in water beforehand so they won't burn.