This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Oat Bran Carrot and Orange Muffins recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) oat bran
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely shredded carrot
- Grated zest of 1 large orange
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Combine milk, vinegar and baking soda; set aside. Combine flour, oat bran and salt; set aside.
In large bowl beat butter and sugar until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stir in pecans, raisins, carrot and orange zest.
Divide batter among 12 large buttered muffin cups. Bake in preheated 400 °F (200 °C) oven 20 to 25 min or until done.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 52 mg|
|Vitamin A:||18 %|