Beloved Montreal chef Josée Robitaille brings us this hearty, oatmeal-based take on the breakfast classic – topped with yogurt and fruit for extra freshness!
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Dates Pancakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 6 dates pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- Plain yogurt to taste
- Maple syrup to taste
- Orange cut into wedges or other fresh fruit chopped
In a bowl, mix together rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk, yogurt and dates. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest. Add eggs and mix well.
Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Adding 1/3 cup (80 mL) at a time, cook pancakes 3-4 minutes on one side, then 1-2 minutes on the other.
Serve topped with yogurt, a little maple syrup, and orange wedges on the side.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 130 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||50 %|