This is the Oka Sauce Steaks recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 small beef steaks preferred cut
- 4 oz (120 g) each OKA Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter preferred cut,
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) veal stock or commercial demi-glace sauce
- 3 oz (90 Kg) Canadian OKA diced
Toss fresh herbs with olive oil and capers. Season and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Melt butter with oil in a skillet over high heat.
Brown steaks 1-2 minutes each side. Place in oven-proof dish and season.
Continue cooking in oven uncovered according to the type of steak used and desired doneness.
Meanwhile, soften shallot in same pan for 2 minutes.
Deglaze pan with wine and add veal stock.
Reduce by one third, about 4-5 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
Accompaniment: Cherry tomato salad.
Pour sauce on serving plate, add steak and garnish with OKA cheese and herb mixture.
Instead of OKA, go right ahead and try Canadian Brie, Gouda or Swiss in the sauce... Either way, you’ll love it!
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 214 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||86 %|
|Vitamin B6:||48 %|