This is the Oktoberfest Gouda Soup recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) winter squash (butternut squash, acorn squash or pumpkin) peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pear peeled and quartered
- 3 cups (750 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- of ground nutmeg
- of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda cheese
- 6 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slices baguette
- 1 pear finely sliced
- 6 slices Canadian Gouda cheese cut into triangles
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Melt butter over medium-high heat in saucepan; brown squash, potatoes, onion and pears. Add stock and milk. Stir in nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Bring to boil, then simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Purée in batches in a blender. Return to pot. Stir in Canadian Gouda cheese. Simmer until it melts.
Pre-heat oven at at 350 ºF (180 ºC) Place baguette slices on parchment-lined baking sheet, top with pear slices and Canadian Gouda cheese and bake in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Top soup with croutons and serve.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||33 % / 361 mg|
|Vitamin A:||36 %|
|Vitamin B12:||42 %|
|Vitamin C:||26 %|