One-Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
This recipe is taken from the 2017 Milk Calendar. Good, wholesome food never goes out of style – but, as a nod to today’s busy cooks, we’ve streamlined this classic pasta recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 8 oz (250 g) mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 oz (250 g) extra broad egg noodles
- 1 pkg (150 g) Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked and cut into bite-size pieces deli chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Small fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Grated Canadian Parmesan
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring about 5 min until tender.
Sprinkle with flour and stir. Gradually whisk in milk then Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil. Add noodles; reduce heat to a low boil. Stirring constantly and around edges of pan, cook until pasta is tender, about 7 min.
Stir in chunks of Boursin®, then chicken, peas and parsley, stirring until chicken is hot and Boursin® is melted. Serve sprinkled with basil and Parmesan.
When washing mushrooms, don’t soak in water; simply wipe with a damp paper towel.
Get your kids to pull the meat off the chicken. Don’t forget to save the bones for soup stock too. Just freeze them until you’re ready to use.
Try Boursin® Cracked Black Pepper.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 299 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||68 %|