This is the Oysters with Herbs and Camembert recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 32 oysters
- 2 oz (60 g) shallots chopped
- 1 oz (25 g) fresh herbs (basil, chervil, chives) chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fish stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % whipping cream
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Camembert or Canadian Triple-Crème cheese
Open oysters, saving juice in a saucepan. Remove oysters from shells and place on a baking sheet. Add fish stock and shallots to oyster juice. Reduce a little, add cream and reduce to about 3/4 cup (180 mL).
At the last moment, add fresh herbs. Top each oyster with a slice of Canadian Camembert and place under broiler for 1 minute. Arrange oysters in shallow bowls and pour over sauce.
Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac