This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Parmesan Mushroom Rice recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) Milk
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot cooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook until tender and liquid has evaporated. Blend in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
Remove from heat. Add Canadian Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; stir until melted. Fold in hot rice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||35 % / 385 mg|
|Vitamin D:||38 %|
|Vitamin B12:||30 %|