by Christine Tizzard
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 parsnips peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard drained well and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked ham diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) 18 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, etc.) chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Canadian Sharp Cheddar shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
In an oven-safe, non-stick pan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until softened. Add garlic and parsnips, and cook until parsnips soften. Add chard, red pepper, jalapeño and ham. Stir to evenly combine and set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cream, Dijon mustard and fresh herbs in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lower the heat, pour egg mixture over vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle Sharp Cheddar over the top and keep cooking on low heat until edges are just set.
Transfer to oven and cook until centre is set, about 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, invert onto serving platter and enjoy!
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 265 mg|
|Vitamin A:||61 %|
|Vitamin C:||94 %|