Fresh pasta coated with cream, Canadian cheese and fresh herbs makes for a spectacular refreshing light tasting side dish.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen small green peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped fresh basil or mint
In a large skillet, combine butter and sage; heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until butter melts and sage starts to sizzle. Add garlic; sauté, for about 1 minute or until butter and garlic start to brown. Gradually pour in vegetable broth, cream and lemon juice; cook stirring occasionally for about two minutes or until it comes to a boil. Add peas; return to boil, cook stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in Ricotta cheese and cook stirring until combined. Remove from heat.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions or until desired doneness. Drain.
Add pasta to cream sauce in pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Fresh herbs are essential in this recipe.
Watch the garlic carefully so that it does not turn from brown to burnt.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 263 mg|
|Vitamin A:||43 %|
|Vitamin B12:||35 %|