This recipe is taken from the 2001 Milk Calendar. For variety, this dressing works equally well with potato or rice salad.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Creamy Herb Dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed fresh oregano or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cider vinegar
- Pasta Salad
- 12 oz (375 g) fusilli or other short pasta (about 4 cups/ 1L)
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped green beans
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots julienned
- 1 green bell pepper or red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
*Creamy Herb Dressing:
Finely chop parsley, basil and oregano. Combine milk, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring until smooth. Gradually whisk in vinegar. Let stand for 10 min or until thickened.
In large pot of boiling water, cook fusilli for 5 to 7 min or until almost tender. Add beans; cook for about 3 min or until pasta is tender but firm and beans are tender-crisp; drain. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well.
In large bowl, combine pasta mixture, carrots and green pepper. Pour 2 cups (500 mL) of the Creamy Herb Dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions.
*This superb dressing thickens as it stands. It can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Healthy Eating Tip: A delicious way to 5 a day- One serving of this recipe is a great way to help you get one of the 5 to 10 servings of Vegetables and Fruit a day recommended by Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||52 % / 573 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||84 %|
|Vitamin D:||79 %|