This is the Peanutty chocolate Cottage Cheese squares recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) marshmallows
- 2 cups (500 mL) rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 3 oz (90 g) dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted peanuts divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Canadian Cottage Cheese room temperature
- Cocoa to taste
- Icing sugar to taste
In a skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add marshmallows and melt. Remove from heat; add cereal and stir until well coated. Press mixture evenly and firmly into a buttered 8˝ (20 cm) square pan.
Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Spread a thin layer of chocolate over mixture in the pan (about half the chocolate). Let cool to harden chocolate. Refrigerate if necessary.
Meanwhile, with a food processor, crush ½ cup (125 mL) peanuts with the icing sugar. Add Cottage Cheese and the remaining cooled, melted chocolate. Process until smooth.
Spread cheese mixture over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts, a little cocoa and icing sugar. Cut into squares and serve.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Mascarpone, Cream Cheese.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 29 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||25 %|