This is the Pear Dessert Pizza recipe.
- Prep: 40 min - 45 min
- Cooking: 8 min - 10 min
- Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Five Roses bread flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Fleischmann's quick rise yeast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) warm water
- Pear Topping
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter melted
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) sliced pears drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) walnuts or pecans chopped
- vanilla ice cream optional
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Blend flour, yeast and salt in food processor fitted with a metal blade; add honey and butter. With motor running, drizzle in water; mix for 2 minutes or until ball forms.
Knead dough into a smooth ball, using flour if necessary. place in buttered bowl, turning to coat all over. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Roll dough into 13-inch (33 cm) circle and transfer to a lightly floured pizza pan or baking sheet; fold under edge to make a rim.
Brush pizza base evenly with melted butter; stir together sugar, ginger and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over base. Arrange fruit on pizza base; sprinkle nuts evenly over top.
Bake in bottom third of 450 ºF (230 ºC) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||2 % / 17 mg|