This is the Penne with Smoked Chicken, Mushrooms and Camembert Cream Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 lb (450 g) penne
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 7 oz (210 g) fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic flowers*
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried tarragon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 10 oz (300 g) smoked chicken thinly sliced
- 6 1/2 oz (200 g) Canadian Camembert rind removed, diced
- 6 or 7 spring onions sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 35 % whipping cream
- Salt and Ground black pepper to taste
First cook the pasta according to instructions on package until it is al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the onion in the butter and oil until golden over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and the flour, and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
Deglaze with the white wine and add the wine vinegar or lemon juice; reduce by half. Then incorporate the chicken broth, garlic flowers, tarragon, Dijon mustard and smoked chicken. Let it reduce for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the Canadian Camembert, spring onions and cream, let the cheese melt, then reduce and thicken the sauce.
Serve the pasta enveloped in the creamy sauce and garnished with more spring onions .
* Garlic flowers can be found in Quebec specialty stores. 1/2 clove of garlic, chopped, can be substituted for the garlic flowers.