Entertain with elegance by topping this pot pie with an attractive, but easy, phyllo crust. The gently poached seafood enveloped in a rosé sauce will make your dinner party extra-special. A lightly dressed green salad on the side is the perfect accompaniment.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 35 min - 40 min
- 12 oz (375 g) skinless salmon or other firm fish fillet
- 8 oz (250 g) sea scallops
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb (450 g) large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine or 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose-flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 10 % cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) crushed (ground) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chives or green onions minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 sheets of phyllo pastry thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- chives or green onions minced
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Butter a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish.
Cut salmon into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks. Trim hard side muscle off scallops. Set both aside.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 2 min. Pour in stock and wine and bring to a simmer. Add salmon, scallops and shrimp; poach, stirring gently, for 3 to 5 min or until just slightly firm and opaque. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish and seafood to prepared dish; set aside.
Whisk flour into cream and gradually stir into pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly. Cook, whisking, for about 5 min or until sauce is thickened. Stir in tomatoes and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over seafood in dish; gently stir to combine.
Lay one sheet of phyllo on work surface; keep remaining covered with plastic wrap. Brush phyllo lightly with butter. Place another sheet on top; brush with butter. Place over filling in dish, tucking edges. Working with one sheet at a time, brush remaining phyllo with butter; scrunch up gently into a rippled bundle and place on dish.
Bake for about 20 min or until phyllo is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Let stand for 5 min before serving. Garnish with chives.
To prepare this dish ahead, keep poached seafood and sauce separate, let cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Reheat the sauce over medium-low heat, stirring often, until hot and bubbling then proceed with the recipe.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 128 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||72 %|
|Vitamin B6:||75 %|
|Vitamin C:||68 %|