A spicy cheese spread to serve on crackers as an hors-d'oeuvre or a midday snack.
- Prep: 15 min
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 canned chipotle peppers seeds removed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion minced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Cheddar grated
In a small food processor or using an immersion blender, mix thecream cheese with the mayonnaise, peppers and mustard. Transfer to a bowl and add the green onion and cheese. Chill until serving.
Removing the seeds from the peppers makes them less spicy. Use as much or as little as you like.
Serve on crackers or celery stalks.
Replace the chipotle peppers with another type of fresh, marinated or dried pepper.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 175 mg|
|Vitamin A:||10 %|
|Vitamin B12:||11 %|