Pork Tenderloin with Feta & Dried FruitOur dietitians' favourite
Having friends over for dinner? Why not prepare this unique pork tenderloin with Feta and dried fruit recipe ? Serve with Havarti & coriander carrot purée.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb 5 oz / 600 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Feta diced or crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) raisins or other dried fruit diced (cranberries, apples, apricots, dates...)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- Ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a bowl, mix Feta cheese with onion, garlic, raisins (or other dried fruit), fresh parsley and ground pepper to taste.
Trim 2 inch (5 cm) off the skinny end of each tenderloin and make a slit, lengthwise, so you can split them open. Stuff tenderloins with Feta mixture, keeping it in the centre, and then close to trap in the stuffing. Tie with string.
In a skillet, melt butter over high heat and brown the stuffed meat on all sides. Deglaze with wine and broth. Cover and cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
Remove pork from skillet; untie string and let stand, covered with a foil sheet.
Strain cooking juices, bring to a boil, add cream, and simmer 4-5 minutes.
Serve the pork tenderloins sliced, along with the arugula, sauce and Havarti & coriander carrot purée.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 97 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||38 %|
|Vitamin B6:||49 %|