This is the Portobello Swiss Pizza recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 16 inch (40 cm) precooked pizza crust
- 1 cup (250 mL) rapini or broccoli florets blanched
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped red onion
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Swiss shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Melt butter in a frying pan over high heat and sauté mushrooms and garlic until fragrant (do not brown garlic). Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Spread mushrooms on pizza crust. Top with rapini or broccoli florets and red onion. Sprinkle with cheese and bake on middle rack of oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Serve with a mixed green salad topped with sun-dried tomato dressing.
This pizza can be prepared ahead of time and baked just before serving, served cold as a picnic treat, or frozen prior to baking.
For a change of taste, try with Old Cheddar, or Gouda, etc.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||52 % / 574 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||50 %|
|Vitamin C:||44 %|