There are many variations on the classic potato salad recipe. This one renews the tradition with the addition of apples, celery and walnuts and a pleasantly creamy dressing. Crisp, fresh and nutritious, this salad is simple to prepare and can be served as a side dish or a light lunch.
- 1 lb (450 g) small red potatoes diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium red apples
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
- walnuts or crumbled Canadian Blue Cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a covered saucepan simmer potatoes until tender about 7 to 10 minutes; cool.
In a small bowl whisk next seven ingredientsDice apples and combine in a large bowl with cooled potatoes, celery and green onions.
Pour cream dressing over the potato mixture and toss.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or blue cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 97 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||16 %|
|Vitamin C:||32 %|