There are many variations on the classic potato salad recipe. This one renews the tradition with the addition of apples, celery and walnuts and a pleasantly creamy dressing. Crisp, fresh and nutritious, this salad is simple to prepare and can be served as a side dish or a light lunch.
- 1 lb (450 g) small red potatoes diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium red apples
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
- walnuts or crumbled Canadian Blue Cheese
In a covered saucepan simmer potatoes until tender about 7 to 10 minutes; cool.
In a small bowl whisk next seven ingredientsDice apples and combine in a large bowl with cooled potatoes, celery and green onions.
Pour cream dressing over the potato mixture and toss.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or blue cheese.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 97 mg|
|Vitamin C:||32 %|
|Vitamin B6:||16 %|