This delicious gratin recipe features scalloped potatoes, cream, gooey Cheddar cheese, onions and butter-sautéed peppers. It’s exactly the type of recipe we love to prepare when temperatures start to go down and we get the urge to cook hearty meals for our loved ones.
- 2 lbs (1 Kg) potatoes
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) cut in slivers onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% Cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Canadian Cheddar Cheese*
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
Peel and slice potatoes about ¼ in (6 mm) thick.
Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Stir for 5 minutes. Stir into potatoes.
Spray a 1.5 qt./1.4 L casserole with vegetable oil. Mix cream with potatoes and spoon into casserole. Top with foil and bake in oven for 60 minutes.
Remove foil and sprinkle cheese over top. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
* Grated Canadian Canadian-Swiss or Canadian Parmesan Cheese can be substituted for part of the cheddar.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 187 mg|
|Vitamin A:||26 %|
|Vitamin B6:||21 %|
|Vitamin C:||54 %|