Cook up your own curry in a hurry with every day ingredients and the any day magic of cream. Adjust the curry paste according to your tastes using a medium or hot paste if you prefer a kick.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) mild Indian yellow curry paste
- 1 large sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 2 tsp (10 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) 10% half-and-half or 18% table cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- Sweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Lime wedges
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add curry paste and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt;
cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until very fragrant and starting to brown. Add red pepper;
cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until starting to soften. Stir in chicken; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until well coated and starting to turn white.
Whisk flour into cream; pour into skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 8 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with more salt, if desired.
Serve sprinkled with coconut (if using). Garnish with lime wedges to squeeze over top.
Curry Shrimp: Replace chicken with large shrimp, peeled and deveined. After adding cream, simmer, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 88 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||62 %|
|Vitamin C:||100 %|