A hearty make-ahead salad ready for lunch.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, rinsed
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Feta cheese, diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a deep saucepan, combine milk, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand covered 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in lemon zest with fork; let cool. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Serve or refrigerate up to 1 day.
If your little chefs feel like giving you a hand, put them in charge of washing the vegetables!
More experienced chefs can cut the veggies while you cook the quinoa .
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 251 mg|
|Vitamin C:||91 %|