Flavoured with fresh herbs and aged Canadian cheddar cheese, this crowd-pleasing dip is perfect for sharing as a snack or appetizer.
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Resting: 10 minutes
- 125 g (4 oz) plain Canadian cream cheese, softened
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 5 mL (1 tsp) lemon zest
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 10 mL (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) each salt and pepper
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) finely chopped fresh chives
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) finely chopped fresh dill
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) shredded aged Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable crudités
- 150 g (5 oz) flatbread crackers
- Assorted Canadian cheeses
Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth.
Transfer to bowl. Stir in chives, parsley and dill; stir in Cheddar. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until chilled.
Assemble dip on serving board or platter with vegetables, cheeses and crackers.
For crudités, choose a colourful mix of seasonal veggies with a variety of textures and cuts. Try radishes, fennel, sugar snap peas, blanched asparagus, heirloom cherry tomatoes, baby carrots and/or baby cucumbers cut diagonally, and store-bought pickled green beans.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving