This is the Ratatouille au gratin for grown ups recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) butternut squash finely diced
- 1 zucchini finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 eggplant finely diced
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes finely diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 (1 mL) to 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chili peppers crushed
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked rice, pasta, millet, quinoa or spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Mozzarella grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Parmesan grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a saucepan, melt butter and brown onion, garlic and squash for 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms and eggplant. Cook 5–7 minutes. Season.
Incorporate tomatoes and half of basil. Turn off heat and let rest with lid on for 1 minute.
Add crushed chili peppers.
Pour over cooked rice, pasta, millet, quinoa or spaghetti squash.
Top with Mozzarella and Parmesan, brown in oven and serve with remaining basil.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||31 % / 342 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||56 %|
|Vitamin C:||72 %|