This is the Rich Double Chocolate Cake with Liquid Fruit Centre recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 15 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 4 tsp (20 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 oz (30 g) white chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) your choice of chopped fruit (Bing cherries, pineapple, peaches, pears, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
Use 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter to butter 4 medium-sized ramekins or muffin pans. Stir together 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) flour, 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) cocoa and 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) sugar, and use to flour ramekins.
Beat eggs with 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in milk, then 1/3 cup (80 mL) flour. Melt chocolate and 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of gently simmering water or in microwave oven. Stir melted chocolate into egg mixture. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In microwave oven or a small saucepan, heat cream until steam starts to form. Add white chocolate and stir well until melted. Stir in cream cheese and fruit. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Divide half the batter evenly among prepared ramekins. Shape the white chocolate mixture into 4 balls and place 1 ball over batter in each ramekin. Cover with remaining batter. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Bake on centre rack for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from ramekins and serve warm.
May be served chilled. However, the centre will no longer be liquid.