This is the Ricotta, Mango and Coconut Christmas Log recipe.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened grated coconut
- 6 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup (250 mL) + 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) pastry flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh or frozen mangoes diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% cream
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
• Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).• Spread grated coconut out on a baking sheet and toast 4–5 minutes. Let cool.• In a bowl, use an electric beater to whip egg whites until they hold firm peaks. Reserve.• In a large bowl, beat egg yolks along with ½ cup (125 ml) sugar and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla for about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.• Add flour by sifting it over the bowl.• Incorporate beaten egg whites, gently folding dough with a spatula.• Spread dough out on a 12˝ x 18˝ (30 cm x 45 cm) cookie sheet previously greased and covered with parchment paper. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.• Remove from oven and flip onto a clean, moist cloth. Remove parchment paper and roll cake onto itself. Let cool.• In a saucepan, mix ½ cup (125 ml) sugar and the mangoes and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add a bit of water if the mangoes are not ripe enough. Let cool.• Reduce to a purée using a food processor or a blender, then add Ricotta and process until a smooth consistency is achieved.• Whip cream along with 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar and the remaining vanilla, then reserve in refrigerator.• Unroll the cooled cake and spread the Ricotta mixture over the inside surface. Roll the cake up again.• Garnish the outside of the log with the whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Mascarpone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 77 mg|
|Vitamin A:||17 %|
|Vitamin C:||25 %|