This spicy, velvety rice pudding contrasts with the fresh fruit and crunchy almonds. What a perfect combination!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) brown Basmati rice cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) slivered almonds toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh berries
In a medium saucepan over low heat, add rice, milk, Ricotta, sugar, cardamom and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of almonds. Cook for 20–30 minutes, stirring every few minutes, or until thickened. Place a layer of fresh berries on the bottom of 4 serving glasses or bowls (keep a few as decoration). Add a layer of rice pudding and top with remaining fresh berries. Garnish with remaining toasted almonds.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 162 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|