This is the Roasted Trout Fillet with a Creamy Curry-Flavoured Brie and Raisin Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 trout fillets approximately 10 oz (300 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh coriander chopped or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried coriander
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 French shallot chopped
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) raisins
- 1/2 tbsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 35 % cream
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Brie without the rind, cut in pieces
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Place the trout fillets on a cookie sheet or in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with coriander and season. Bake on the top oven rack for 10 to 12 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, melt the butter in a frying pan and sweat the shallot. Add the flour and deglaze with the white wine. Add the broth, raisins and curry and cook over medium heat for 5 or 6 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Add the cream and cheese. Cook over a low heat until the cheese melts. Season to taste.
Serve the trout fillet with the Creamy curry-flavoured Brie and Raisin Sauce accompanied by Basmati rice and vegetables.
Try it with Canadian Camembert, Mozzarella, Gouda, or Cheddar, etc.
Nutritional informationPer serving