This recipe is taken from the 1998 Milk Calendar. Great hot, cold or in lunches! The outside is crisp and crunchy, the inside stays moist. -James Barber
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
In a small saucepan, whisk together egg, cornstarch, mustard and rosemary. Add milk and whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; set aside.
In a bowl, toss together bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and melted butter. Mix well.
Scoop flour into a pie plate. Coat each chicken thigh with flour, then dip into the milk mixture covering completely and finally roll well in the crumb mixture. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until crispy and golden. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 197 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||55 %|
|Vitamin B6:||55 %|