This recipe is taken from the 1996 Milk Calendar. With its chunks of pink salmon, green asparagus and pasta, this dish looks as great as it tastes.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1/2 lb (225 mg) fettuccine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lb (225 g) fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 can (7 oz/213 g) salmon drained
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook fettuccine according to package directions until tender but firm (al dente). Drain and set aside.
Heat the butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 min. Stir in the cream and bring to a boil. Add the seasonings and asparagus. Gently break the salmon into large pieces and add to the sauce.
Add the Parmesan cheese.
Pour the sauce over the fettuccine and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 267 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||91 %|
|Vitamin D:||170 %|