This is the Salmon Fillet over Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby potatoes not peeled, quartered
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Canadian Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) skinless salmon fillet cut in 4 pieces
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) honey
- 1 bunch of watercress washed
In a saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water for 15–18 minutes, depending on their size. Drain them, then mash with a fork.
Add artichoke hearts, Cream Cheese and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly. Reserve and keep hot.
In a skillet, heat butter on medium-high heat and cook salmon along with garlic for 10–12 minutes until desired doneness (if necessary, cover to cook thoroughly).
Add honey and allow it to reduce in order to caramelize the salmon without turning it over. Cook about 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Divide hot mashed potatoes among plates, add salmon fillets, caramelized side facing up, and garnish with fresh watercress.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Mascarpone.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 150 mg|
|Vitamin D:||346 %|
|Vitamin B12:||257 %|
|Vitamin C:||76 %|