By Anna Olson
- Prep: 8 min
- Cooking: 45 min
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground pepper
- 5 cups (1.25 mL) cubed day old whole wheat bread
- 10 oz (300 g) skinless salmon fillet, cooked and flaked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onion
- 2 tsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp/10 ml dried)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C) and lightly butter an 8-inch (20 cm) square casserole dish.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add bread, salmon, green onion, dill and lemon zest and stir to combine.
Pour mixture into prepared dish and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until strata springs back when gently pressed and is golden brown. Let strata cool for 10 minutes before slicing or spooning to serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve strata with a green salad.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 151 mg|
|Vitamin D:||259 %|
|Vitamin B12:||105 %|