This recipe is taken from the 1997 Milk Calendar. Hot biscuits turn any stew or chowder, even a simple soup, into something special. Kids love 'em and these great variations are sure to be a hit.
- James Barber
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Basic Recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) Bisquick Variety Baking Mix
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Milk
- Herb and Garlic Biscuits
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives basil, etc.)
- Canadian Cheddar Cayenne Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) Cayenne pepper
- Corn and Pepper Biscuits
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen or canned corn
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red bell pepper or green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chives or green onions finely chopped
- Bacon and Tomato Biscuits
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
For Herb and Garlic Biscuits, sauté garlic in butter.
For all variations, in a large bowl combine Bisquick*, 1 cup (250 mL) milk and your choice of ingredients. Continue stirring until dough comes together to form a ball.
On a floured surface, knead the ball a few times. Roll out dough to 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
Cut out 3 inch (7.5 cm) rounds with a biscuit cutter or the rim of a large glass. Brush with remaining milk.
Bake on an unbuttered cookie sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||21 % / 211 mg|