This is the Savoury Baked Cheese Appetizer recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 1 tub (8 oz/250 g) roasted garlic flavoured Canadian Cream Cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) finely crumbled Canadian Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried marjoram
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sugar
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine Canadian Cream cheese, Ricotta and Feta in large mixer bowl with parsley, flour, herbs, eggs and pepper. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
Pour cheese mixture into a buttered 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan. Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven 40 minutes or until mixture puffs slightly and is firm to touch. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Turn out of pan, slice and serve at room temperature or chilled with cherry tomatoes and Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar and garlic in screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL).
Do-ahead tip: Prepare appetizer up to 2 days before serving. Wrap well and refrigerate. If serving at room temperature, remove from refrigerator 1 hour before.
Learn more about
|Vitamin A:||253 mg|