This recipe is taken from the 1997 Milk Calendar. A great starter for an elegant dinner. Beautiful on its own with a leafy green salad.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 lb (225 g) medium shrimp peeled
- 1/2 lb (225 g) small scallops
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley or fresh dill finely chopped or a combination of both
- 1 tbsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 4 pre-cooked crêpes (9-inch/23 cm)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large saucepan, melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, garlic and lemon zest; cook 1 min. Add shrimp and scallops, continue to cook just until scallops turn opaque and shrimp turns pink. Turn into a bowl; set aside.
In same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; stir in flour until combined. Whisk in cream, stirring continuously until mixture boils and thickens. (Mixture will be very thick.) Stir in seafood and herbs; gently heat through. Add lemon juice to taste, salt and Cayenne pepper. If necessary, thin mixture with cream or lemon juice.
Heat crêpes if you wish before filing. Fill each crêpe with about 2/3 cup (160 ml) filling. Roll up and serve immediately.