Seafood Ravioli Stuffed with Cheddar
Straight from Newfoundland, this simple recipe will satisfy the shellfish lover and recruit a few more! Wonton wrappers are stuffed with Canadian old Cheddar, shrimp and crab. Of course, the pièce de résistance is the velvety sauce made with cream.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked shrimp finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked crab meat finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) shredded Canadian old Cheddar cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Lemon Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped leeks white and light green parts only
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice or vermouth
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shaved Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a bowl combine shrimp, crab and cheese. Place half the wonton wrappers on work surface; place 2 tbsp (30 mL) of seafood mixture in centre of each. Brush water around edges of wrapper; top with second wrapper. Press together; pressing out air and sealing edges. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Lemon Cream Sauce:
In medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until golden and bubbly. Add leeks and lemon zest; sauté for about 3 min or until leeks start to soften. Add cream, stock and lemon juice; cook stirring occasionally for about 2 min or until sauce comes to boil. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
In large wide pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli, for about 3 to 5 min or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; transfer to shallow bowls. Spoon Lemon Cream Sauce over ravioli; sprinkle with Canadian Parmesan and chives.
Wash and dry lemon; grate the rind with zester or remove the rind taking care to take only the yellow of the rind (the white tends to be bitter); chop superfine.
Make Ahead:To make ahead, freeze ravioli in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. When frozen transfer to re-sealable freezer bag or airtight container; freeze for up to 1 month. Cook from frozen, increasing cooking time.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 302 mg|
|Vitamin A:||33 %|
|Vitamin B12:||30 %|