This is the Shepherd's Pie with Cheesy Mashed Potatoes recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (7-1/2 oz/213 mL each) pizza sauce
- 1 pkg (about 1 1/2 oz/43 g) spiced mix for spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen cut green beans
- 6 medium potatoes peeled, quartered
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) warm Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Canadian Cheddar or Colby or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Combine beef and mushrooms in large frypan. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until beef is browned and mushrooms are tender. Drain. Stir in pizza sauce, spiced mix for spaghetti sauce and green beans. Spoon meat mixture into 8-cup (2 L) shallow rectangular baking dish.
Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling, salted water 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash with milk and butter. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spread mashed potatoes over meat and vegetable layer. Sprinkle remaining cheese (1/4 cup/60 mL) over top. Bake in oven 30 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is a courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Ontario
|Calcium:||24 % / 260 mg|