This is the Shrimp fried rice with Havarti recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) fresh ginger chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) snow peas
- 3/4 lb (340 g) small shrimp peeled
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked rice
- 2 eggs whipped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) unsalted cashews
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Havarti diced
In a large skillet or a wok, melt butter on medium heat and brown ginger, garlic, green onions, red pepper and snow peas.
Add shrimp and rice. Cook about 4–5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Make a well in the middle of the skillet and pour in eggs. Cook like scrambled eggs, then mix with the other ingredients in the skillet.
Mix soy sauce and tomato paste and pour into the skillet. Stir thoroughly to coat rice and vegetables.
Add spinach and cashews, and cook another 2 minutes.
Pepper to taste and add Havarti just before serving.
Rice is cooked ahead of time and may be served hot or as a cold salad (with a dressing).
Canadian Gouda, Medium Cheddar, Provolone
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 258 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||62 %|
|Vitamin C:||67 %|