This is the Simply Delicious Pear Vichyssoise recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- Refrigeration: 4 h
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped leeks white part only
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled and chopped baking potatoes
- 2 cans (10 oz/ 284 ml) salt-reduced condensed chicken broth undiluted
- 1 ripe pear peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives or Fresh coriander chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In heavy saucepan over medium heat: melt butter. Add onions. Sauté until soft, do not brown. Add potatoes, leeks and broth. Cook uncovered 20 min until tender. Add pears and purée until smooth. Add milk.
Chill and serve, sprinkled with herbs.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 179 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||32 %|
|Vitamin B6:||18 %|
|Vitamin D:||32 %|