This is the Sirloin-Brie Burger recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 18 min - 21 min
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) bottled garlic and honey BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter
- 2 lb (1 Kg) ground sirloin steak
- 4 oz (125 g) cold Canadian Brie cheese cut into 6 cubes
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) bottled steak sauce
Whisk egg with garlic sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk in butter until combined. Crumble meat into a large bowl. Add egg mixture and blend into meat until just combined.
Divide meat into 6 portions. Gently pat half of one portion into a 1-cup (250 mL) dry measuring cup. Add a piece of Canadian Brie cheese and top with the rest of the meat portion. Compress the patty so that the cup is about 3/4 filled. Turn patty out and brush with steak sauce. Repeat with remaining meat portions.
Preheat grill to medium-high then line with non-stick grill foil. Add the burgers and cook for 6 minutes. Flip burgers and reduce heat to medium. Grill, turning once more, 12 to 15 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the centre of the patty registers 180 °F (90 °C).
|Calcium:||9 % / 89 mg|