Sloppy Jane with MozzarellaOur dietitians' favourite
Orange juice and hoisin add sweetness, basil adds brightness and Canadian Mozzarella brings it all together in this really tasty sandwich.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 lb (450 g) ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 zucchini finely diced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) tomato paste no salt added
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) orange juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hoisin sauce
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mozzarella shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large saucepan over high heat, brown ground turkey with garlic, green onions, bell pepper and zucchini for 5 minutes. Blend in tomato paste, orange juice and hoisin sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Heat hot dog buns in oven.
Place spinach in buns and top with turkey mixture, fresh basil and Mozzarella.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mild Cheddar, Medium Cheddar, Colby.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 293 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||104 %|
|Vitamin C:||117 %|